On June 10, 2016, in Batumi, Georgia, in the frame of UNECE 8th Ministerial Conference, the Regional Environmental Centre for Caucasus (RECC) organized a side event at the Hilton hotel, entitled Mainstreaming practical application of green development mechanisms into environmental policies and practice in South Caucasus.
The side event was opened by the RECC Director Sophiko Akhobadze and the Deputy Minister of Nature Protection of the Republic of Armenia Mr. Khachik Hakobyan, which was followed by the presentation of the director Ms Malak Shukurova regarding the Commitment of REC Caucasus to Batumi Initiative on Green Economy (BIG-E).
The following projects were presented at the side event:
- “Fostering Community Biodiversity Conservation Policy and Practices in Mountain Regions of the South Caucasus” – presented by Mr. Rubik Shahazizyan and Mr. Bariz Mehdiev
- “Support Development of Biodiversity Conservation Policies and Practices in Mountain Regions of the South Caucasus” – presented by Ms. Tatiana Danielyan
- “Mainstreaming the Payment for Ecosystem Services for Green Growth in South Caucasus” – Presenteb by Mr. Bariz Mehdiyev
- “Strengthen Cleaner Production Policy and Practice in the South Caucasus Countries through Applying Integrated and Preventive Environmental Strategy” – presented by Mr. Teimuraz Kandelaki
- “Resource Efficiency and Cleaner Production”
REC Caucasus being a flagman and propagator of Green Economy and Green Development in the region is committed to the objectives and priorities of the EFE process. Bearing in mind that one of the theme of the Eighth EFE Ministerial Conference is “Greening The Economy in the Pan-European Region” we believe that outputs of the above mentioned projects implemented by REC Caucasus, which is going to be presented during side event will contribute to the major ideas and goals of the conference.