On March 1-2, 2012, Regional Conference on “Utilization of Renewable Energy – Challenges and Opportunities for the Caucasus” is organized by German foundation – the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, in cooperation with REC Caucasus.
The overall goal of the conference is to provide forum for the interested parties in a comprehensive discussion of problems regarding renewable energy in the South Caucasus region. It aims to take stock of challenges posed by Utilization of Renewable Energy sources in the South Caucasus focusing on three countries’ specific problems, strategies and response actions for reaching an effective agenda on renewable energy sector.
The gathering will primarily deal with: a) presentation of the results of the renewable energy related legal / policy analyses at national levels; and b) development of general framework, approaches and outline for elaboration of ways of cooperation at the regional level.
Working language of the Conference – English and Russian
Submission of papers
The papers should be submitted a month prior to the conference
The papers should cover the following topics:
- General introduction of the issue
- State of renewable energy sources in the South Caucasus region
- Utilization of Renewable Energy and its portion in the region
- National and regional targets to the issue (national policy and strategy, adaptation measures, prevention measures, implementation measures, case studies and best practices, etc.);
- Role of the government, business, NGOs and civil society organizations in relation with the issue (their activities, their view and proposals, etc.);
- Donors’ activities and their support for the Caucasus Region in Utilization of Renewable Energy;
- Awareness raising and education – focus on young generation;
- Power Quality Issues and Solutions in Renewable Energy Systems in South Caucasus
- Economic Analysis, Policies and Incentives
- Renewable Energy Systems Management and Co-operation at Regional Level
The papers shall be originally prepared for the Conference, and shall not be earlier presented at any other conference, or printed in any edition. The papers shall be sent in electronic format to the below address. They shall be prepared in English or Russian, in MS Word format, with 12 font size. The papers shall have the following structure:
- Name of the paper;
- Name of the author and his/her regalia;
- Resume (200-250 words, in Russian or English);
- Paper (4-5 A4 format pages, with upper and lower margins of 2.5 cm, and left and right margins of 2.2 cm);
The theses shall be sent to: email@example.com