Development of new modules for international bachelor and master programmes in sustainable tourism management
15.11.2012 – 14.10.2015 (3 years)
A multi-country project to modernize curricula in sustainable tourism management (SuToMa) and develop a joint understanding about the principles.
Tourism is a regional priority for the Caucasus but an underdeveloped field in all three countries. Especially for Europeans the entire Caucasus is a fascinating area with a rich cultural history and biodiversity/the cradle of European mankind.
Only a sustainable regional development within the tourism sector meets the expectations of these target groups and guarantees a long- term economic, social and ecological welfare for local people and following generations.
30 universities, enterprises and NGOs in Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia.
European partners in Ireland and Latvia
12 new modules for innovative topics, such as
- integration of theory and praxis,
- intercultural communication,
- eLearning and IT technologies, to be implemented in existing and new BSc. and MSc,
- study programmes, accredited with ECTS
- interdisciplinary approach such as agriculture, tourism and business studies.
- a common understanding of sustainability and regional development
- modules created according to the Bologna standards
- comparable qualification standards
- new methods and materials for teacher and tutor training
- formal integration of practical placements in the curricula
- regular monitoring of milestones
- implementation of eLearning platform
- new international academic cooperation
Development of modules: first year
Training of teachers: second year
Testing with students: third year