Project Title - "Livable Urban Areas: Integrated Urban Plans for Balanced Regional Development"
Location - Georgia (Zugdidi, Mestia, Gurjaani, Telavi, Akhmeta Municipalities)
Donor - ADB
Client - OTAK
Dates - 2017-2019
Objectives - Project aims develop a regional profile and conduct a rapid assessment of the regional development potential for the following urban regions selected for the TA-9220
- Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region with Mestia-Lentekhi corridor;
- Tbilisi and Kakheti region, with Akhmeta as the center of the cluster linking up with the mountainous region and forming a tourism circuit with Telavi and Tbilisi;
- One specific area of Tbilisi city; and
- Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region with either Zugdidi or Anaklia as the focus of the cluster to be decided based on regional profile findings.
- Initiate a programmatic and integrated urban development approach;
- Elaboration of the projects prioritized for financing and linked it with follow-on investments and other relevant project preparatory activities for preparing procurement-ready projects under a proposed Sustainable Cities Development Investment Program in 2019-2020.