Clean Rivers – Clean Sea! NGOs actions for environmental protection within Black Sea area (CRCS)
The Regional Environmental Centre for the Caucasus is pleased to announce a call for provision of Services for organization of Organizing awareness campaigns of promoting the ecosystem and advocacy for pollution control in Black Sea Basin), especially the tributaries rivers of Chorokhi Ajaristskali within the EU-funded project Clean Rivers – Clean Sea! NGOs actions for environmental protection within Black Sea area (CRCS).
The Regional Environmental Centre for the Caucasus (REC Caucasus) is an independent, non-for-profit organization, established within the framework of the “Environment for Europe Process” by the governments of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia and the European Union to assist in solving environmental problems as well as development of the civic society in the countries of the South Caucasus.
Please, find the tender document (RFP) on the following links:
Important: Interested applicants must submit their proposal to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application is March 28, 2015, COB 18:00.
For additional information, please see enclosed Terms of Reference.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Project Title: “Clean Rivers – Clean Sea! NGOs actions for environmental protection within Black Sea area (CRCS)” Funded by European Commission under the Joint Operational Programme “BLACK SEA BASIN 2007-2013” 2nd Call for Proposals
Leading Organisation: The Regional Environmental Centre for the Caucasus (REC Caucasus)
Post Title: Service Provider
Contract type: Service Agreement
Starting Date: Immediately (upon completion of the recruitment process)
Duration: March 30 – May 25, 2015
Duty Station: Batumi, Kobuleti, Khelvachauri, Keda, Khulo and Khuakhevi municipalities, Georgia
SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Under direct supervision of the RECC Director and Project coordinator, selected NGO will work in close cooperation with the project team.
Main Duties and outputs
1) Awareness instruments
– Development and publication of 5 press articles;
– Developing and broadcasting of 5 radio spots and 5 Local TV interviews/ events/adds;
– Elaborate campaign slogan to be used during the awareness raising campaign;
– Preparation and publication of 400 leaflets in Georgian language.
2) Public debates
– Organization of 3 public debates, with participation of 300 people at least, coached by NGOs volunteers and public stakeholders. Each event should address different public categories: 1. Public debate in schools: the aim is to shape the environmental culture since young age; 2. Public debate in one university: to capitalize youth ideas and contributions; 3. Public debates within communities in river basin: to reach general public perception on water management.
3) Dissemination information materials through volunteers
– Dissemination of information materials in Ajara region through volunteers.
– Minimum 7 years of experience on awareness raising on Black Sea issues;
– Minimum 5 years of experience of working with organization of similar activities mentioned in TOR;
– Familiarity with the environmental/water management problems.
1) Initial instalment of 50% of the service fee upon signing of the contract.
2) Final instalment of 50% of the service fee upon satisfactory implementation of awareness raising campaign.