Project Title – Prevention, Preparedness and Response to Man-made and Natural-Disasters in the ENPI East Region” (PPRD-EAST)
South Caucasus is high-risk disaster zone that undermines countries economy, and threatens natural environment and human security. Due to countries prolonged transitional period the gap has been formed through: Non existing electronic Risk Atalas; Outdated statistics on DRR; imperfect Cartography, GIS, non existing satellite imagery; Imperfect legislative framework DRR; low capacity of national staff, low public awareness; Lack of knowledge of EU Civil Protection Mechanism
The mission of the project is to raise awareness on DRR issues and improve collaboration between different stakeholders on national and regional levels via pinformation , communications and public relations.
Duration: 2011 -2014
The expected results of the project include:
1) Better knowledge of risk exposure and available resources for enhanced preparedness and response capacities
2) Enhanced legislative, administrative and operational civil protection capacities
3) Improved information , awareness and participation.
4) Partner countries are well informed about EU Civil Protection Mechanism and able to effectively collaborate
5)Needs for a possible of cooperation with Eastern partners, end of programme (Phase II) are identified.
1) Knowledge products (booklets, manuals, newsletters etc.) are created and disseminated in appropriate languages and made available on the internet. Information is shared, transferred and used at policy and management levels. Educational materials are developed in Armenian, Azerbaijani and Georgian languages and distributed among 30,000 stakeholders.
2) At lest 8 trainings are organised at the national and regional levels
3) 6 conferences are organized to present result and share experience
4) At least 2 regional conferences are organised
5) The website is developed, with all information and materials uploaded