The Regional Environmental Centre for the Caucasus (REC Caucasus) announces a vacancy for Biodiversity and Sustainable Natural Resources Programme Manager
Vacancy Reference No: RECC-S/2023/01
Organisation: The Regional Environmental Centre for the Caucasus (REC Caucasus)
Duration: 36 months with possibility of extension
Reporting to: REC Caucasus Executive Director
Type of contract: Employment Agreement
Work percentage: (full time – 100% of full-time)
Grade: CS (Core Staff)
Permanent duty station: REC Caucasus Regional Office – Tbilisi, Georgia
Expected start date: November 01, 2023
Closing date: October 27, 2023
The Biodiversity and Sustainable Natural Resources Programme (BSNRP) 2020-2030 of the REC Caucasus identifies the following three priority directions: Protecting nature and conserving biodiversity, species and habitats; Promoting and supporting sustainable and equitable management of natural resources; Deploying Green and Nature Based Solutions to address societal challenges including climate change, sustainable agriculture, food security, and economic and social development.
BSNRP Manager will guide the REC Caucasus project teams and support staff in planning, management, coordination, and monitoring & evaluation of project portfolio under the BSNRP to ensure efficient and timely delivery of program/project goals, objectives, and targets.
The BSNRP portfolio includes up to three ongoing and planned projects implemented by the REC Caucasus on Biosphere Reserves, Knowledge Management on Climate Protection Strategies, Ecosystem Management and Restoration of Degraded Drylands and Promoting Green Deal Readiness in the South Caucasus Countries.
II. Primary Duties
Guide a dynamic decision-making process, enabling the best and efficient use of donor resources to focus on management of parallel projects that are strategically aligned with the BSNRP;
– coordinate preparation of respective project reporting templates (for technical reports and PP presentations) and provide guidance for elaboration of technical reports and presentations in accordance to the requirements of approved template and visibility rules of the projects
– lead the development of visibility and communication materials, such as infographics, web-stories, promotional materials, project brochures and webinars, that help raise awareness of specialist and non-specialist audiences.
III. Essential Responsibilities/Responsibilities/Principal Activities:
Compliance with the Organisation’s policies and programme management approaches
a. Ensure compliance with the Organisation’s relevant policies, procedures and regulations to protect the organisation’s interests in line with the organisation’s vision and mission. Embrace the REC Caucasus values in all aspects of his/her role.
b. Keep a constant review of the systems and organisational processes with a view of making them empowering, efficient and effective.
c. Support in mainstreaming and integration of agenda 2030 and SDGs in implementation of BSNRP projects/activities.
d. Promote Gender empowering, youth engagement and support nature-based solutions/innovations and adoption of best practices.
IV. Required Qualifications and Competencies
Master of Science Degree in Environmental and/or Natural Resources Management, Education or related fields.
At least 8 years extensive proven experience in the field of sustainable natural resource, environmental, educational program/project management, coordination, reporting and monitoring. Working experience in international organizations and particularly in project/program implementation.
– Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability;
– Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task under limited supervision;
– Demonstrated experience in liaising and co-operating with government, local administrations, donors, NGOs and private sector;
– Good analytical and managerial skills, ability to express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing;
– Ability to establish and maintain working relations in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect to diversity;
– Ability to plan and manage tasks independently;
– Ability and willingness to work independently;
– Good interpersonal and communication skills;
– Fully experienced with computer software and other office equipment.
English is the working language of the REC Caucasus. Fluency in oral and written Georgian and English (writing, reading, speaking) are required.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS
Interested applicants should submit signed motivation letter and CV (both in free format – in English) to the REC Caucasus Executive Director (Ms. Sophiko Akhobadze) to following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
with a copy to:
Financial-Administrative Manager (Mr. David Mironidze): email@example.com with the relevant email subject line presented below.
The deadline for application submission is October 27, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Email subject line: REC Caucasus BSNRP Manager
Please note that applications without an email text, attached signed motivation letter, and CV will not be considered.