The Regional Environmental Centre for the Caucasus (REC Caucasus) announces a tender for Microsoft Word Formatting Expert within the GEF-funded project “Georgia’s Integrated Transparency Framework for Implementation of the Paris Agreement”
REC Caucasus is executing the project “Georgia’s integrated transparency framework for implementation of the Paris agreement”, which aims to meet the Enhanced Transparency Framework (ETF) requirements under the Paris agreement
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Microsoft Word Formatting
Project Title: Georgia’s Integrated Transparency Framework for Implementation of the Paris Agreement
REC Caucasus Project ID: 024RECC/G/UNEP
Contract type: Consultancy Service Contract
Position: Microsoft Word Formatting Expert
Starting Date: May 10, 2023
Duration: 2 months (10 May, 2023 – 31 June, 2023)
Duty Station: Tbilisi, Georgia
1. PROJECT BACKGROUND
Contract is concluded for implementation of the GEF-financed Project (2019-2023) “Georgia’s Integrated Transparency Framework for Implementation of the Paris Agreement”.
The Paris Agreement, adopted at the 21st Conference of Parties (CoP) in December 2015, sets out a global action plan that puts the world on track to avoid dangerous climate change by limiting global warming to well below 2°C. The Agreement refers to ‘Nationally Determined Contributions’ (NDCs) that each individual country should make to achieve the worldwide goal set of reducing anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse gases. As part of this Agreement, all countries agreed to an Enhanced Transparency Framework (ETF) for action and support (Article 13), with built-in flexibility which considers Parties’ different capacities and builds upon collective experience. For Georgia there is a need to set up new transparency governance structures, develop and implement MRV procedures, and update, implement, and integrate new data and information flows with pre-defined periodicity. Two parallel ongoing climate activities at the central and local levels in the country need to be aligned under the Domestic Enhanced Transparency Framework. The clear, comparable, accountable and flexible MRV system should integrate mitigation strategies, measures and their effect into the national level. A key condition for successful implementation of the Paris Agreement’s transparency requirements is the provision requiring adequate and sustainable financial support and capacity building to enable developing countries to significantly strengthen their efforts to build robust domestic and regulatory processes. For the above purposes, the GEF-funded Project “Georgia’s Integrated Transparency Framework for Implementation of the Paris Agreement” is planned to be implemented in Georgia.
The overall objective of the project is to meet the ETF requirements under the Paris Agreement.
1. Strengthening vertical integration in Georgia for transparency-related activities;
2. Georgia’s National Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Inventory system and HFC data management system are aligned with the ETF;
3. Climate Change Mitigation in Georgia’s transparency system.
2. OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Duties and responsibilities:
The Microsoft Word Expert is responsible for:
Long digital document formatting in MS Word, including:
• Document or Page Formatting
• Character or Font Formatting
• Paragraph Formatting
• Section Formatting
• Chart/table, etc. Formatting
• Other MS Word related formatting
• Meeting project team members on pre-determined time for discussing the formatting details
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft software products and technologies, especially MS Word
• Experience of formatting long documents in MS Word
• A minimum of two years` experience in MS Word formatting
• Experience of working in multicultural environment
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Fully experienced with computer software and other office equipment.
4. WORKING AND REPORTING LANGUAGES
Working and reporting language shall be English and/or Georgian.
5. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS REGARDING REPORTING FORMAT
All reports shall be produced in the following format:
Font: Arial for English / Sylfaen for Georgian
Font Size: 11
Lane Spacing: single
Spacing before: 0’
Spacing after: 0’
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
Interested applicants should submit a current CV meeting the required qualification and a portfolio to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Project Administrative Assistant: email@example.com
Email subject line: Microsoft Word Formatting Expert
Deadline for application is April 30, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.