The Regional Environmental Centre for the Caucasus (REC Caucasus) announces
a vacancy for Project Administrative Assistant/Technician
within GEF funded project “Georgia`s Integrated Transparency Framework for Implementation for the Paris Agreement”
REC Caucasus is executing the project “Georgia`s integrated transparency framework for implementation for the Paris agreement”, which aims to meet the enhanced transparency framework (ETF) requirements under the Paris agreement.
Overall objective of the project is to propose actions that will allow the country to use more detailed level of emissions calculation to better track the trend of emissions changes in the sector and to check the level of measurement, reporting and confirmation.
REC Caucasus announces vacancy for Project Administrative Assistant:
PROJECT PERSONNEL # 01003 – Project Administrative Assistant:
|Georgia’s Integrated Transparency Framework for Implementation of the Paris Agreement|
|Post title:||Project Administrative Assistant/Technician|
|Duration:||12 months, (Part Time) with possible extension|
|Date Required:||1st month|
|Duty station:||Tbilisi, Georgia|
|Reporting structure:||Reports to Chief Technical Advisor|
The Paris Agreement, adopted at the 21st Conference of Parties (CoP) in December 2015, sets out a global action plan that puts the world on track to avoid dangerous climate change by limiting global warming to well below 2°C. The Agreement refers to ‘Nationally Determined Contributions’ (NDCs) that each individual country should make to achieve the worldwide goal set of reducing anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse gases. As part of this Agreement, all countries agreed to an enhanced transparency framework (ETF) for action and support (Article 13), with built-in flexibility which considers Parties’ different capacities and builds upon collective experience. For Georgia there is a need to set up new transparency governance structures, develop and implement MRV procedures, and update, implement, and integrate new data and information flows with pre-defined periodicity. Two parallel ongoing climate activities at the central and local levels in the country need to be aligned under the Domestic Enhanced Transparency Framework. The clear, comparable, accountable and flexible MRV system should integrate mitigation strategies, measures and their effect into the national level. A key condition for successful implementation of the Paris Agreement’s transparency requirements is the provision requiring adequate and sustainable financial support and capacity building to enable developing countries to significantly strengthen their efforts to build robust domestic and regulatory processes. For the above purposes, the GEF Funded Project “Georgia’s Integrated Transparency Framework for Implementation of the Paris Agreement” is planned to be implemented in Georgia.
PROJECT ACTIVITIES TO BE UNDERTAKEN:
The overall objective of the project is to meet the enhanced transparency framework (ETF) requirements under the Paris Agreement.
1. Strengthening vertical integration in Georgia for transparency-related activities;
2. Georgia’s National greenhouse gas (GHG) Inventory system and HFC data management system are aligned to the enhanced transparency framework (ETF);
3. Climate Change Mitigation in Georgia’s transparency system
EXPECTED OUTPUTS AND DELIVERABLES:
The following duties are typical for this classification. Appointees may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address project needs and changing business practices.
1. Ensure effective support in overall management and monitoring of project/programme activities;
2. Provide support in liaising with Governmental entities and other stakeholders on consultations related to the programme outcomes;
3. Assume administrative responsibility for support in organisation of seminars, press conferences, workshops, steering committee meetings and other public campaigns;
4. Support in preparation of quarterly and annual progress reports and other required documents (statements on progress, thematic briefings, press releases, etc.);
5. Prepare, review, and process a wide variety of documents, such as permits, requisitions, contracts, reports, training records, press releases, and correspondence; monitor and maintain records, files, and databases;
6. Draft annual project monitoring and reporting matrixes, procurement plans, etc.;
7. Maintain records, documents, files and other information on project/programme activities;
8. Draft official routine correspondence and prepare documents within the frame of the programme activities;
9. Alert management regarding issues, needs, or problems;
10. Ensure accurate observance of administrative rules, regulations and procedures of REC Caucasus within the frame of projects;
11. Make all necessary arrangements for procurement/recruitment within the framework of the project, including support in TOR preparation, compilation of matrixes, background notes, minutes, etc.;
12. Make arrangements for missions, experts and prepare briefing kits and background materials;
13. Translate necessary project related documentation;
14. Implement other duties as per assignment of the PD & CTA;
15. Assist PD & CTA in preparation of budget revisions and drafts monthly, quarterly and final financial reports for the project;
16. Attend and participate in staff meetings; stay abreast of new trends within the assigned area of responsibility;
17. Monthly Time sheets with the necessary details;
18. Perform related duties as required.
The person suitable for this position should have the following qualifications:
• Relevant university degree environmental or social sciences.
• Good analytical and managerial skills, ability to express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing;
• Ability to establish and maintain working relations in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect to diversity;
• Ability to work in multicultural environment and under pressure;
• Ability to plan and manage tasks independently;
• Ability and willingness to work independently;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Fully experienced with computer software and other office equipment;
• Ability to travel locally.
• Good language abilities in Georgian and English (writing, reading, speaking) are necessary.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
Interested applicants should submit a current CV meeting the required qualification to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to Chief Technical Advisor: email@example.com or submit hard copy application package to the following address: 13, Badri Shoshitaishvli Street, 0179 Tbilisi, Georgia.
Deadline for application is 29th of October 2020, 15:00 (GMT+4). Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.