Published on: December 13, 2019
Closing Date for Submission of Tenders: December 30, 2019
Publication Reference: 010RECC/G/GEF-2019-W-04-BL01002
1. PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Regional Environmental Centre for the Caucasus (REC Caucasus) in partnership with the Ministry of Environment Protection and Agriculture is involved in execution of GEF funded Project “Georgia’s Integrated Transparency Framework for Implementation of the Paris Agreement”, implemented by UN Environment. The Project start day is September 11th 2019 and the planned end day March 11th 2023.
Overall objective of the project is to meet the enhanced transparency framework (ETF) requirements under the Paris Agreement.
Project consists of three main components:
1. Strengthening vertical integration in Georgia for transparency-related activities;
2. Georgia’s National greenhouse gas Inventory system and HFC data management system are aligned to the enhanced transparency framework;
3. Climate Change Mitigation in Georgia’s transparency system.
2. TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Terms of Reference for the position of Chief Technical Advisor could downloaded at the following link: (TOR CBIT CTA 2.docx)
Selected applicants will be invited to the tender. Evaluation will be made in accordance with the quality- cost based selection method.
3. APPLICATION INFORMATION
Interested candidates should submit (via e-mail or post and with indication of call ref. number in subject line) the following application documents:
– Scanned version of a signed cover letter of stating an expression of interest with a possible starting date for the entire duration of the contract;
– CV (in free format)
Project Administrative Assistant
13 Badri Shoshitaishvili Street
(former Dimitri Arakishvili 1st Dead-End)
0179 Tbilisi, Georgia
Tel: + (995 32) 2-25-07-75
Expression of Interest (EoI) is an alternative to writing a fully-fledged selection-criteria response. The EoI might be with a maximum length such as 2-3 pages. The EoI will outline what the person is to do and the experience and skills needed to carry out the role.
The EoI can be set out in a number of ways, including:
• A series of paragraphs covering current role, interest in the new role, examples from experience that are relevant to the skills and duties of the service/job, relevant qualifications.
• A series of headings, based on key skills or roles, with supporting examples.
Whichever way is chosen to set out information in the EoI, the aim is to make a convincing case that is easily judged by the reader to mean that applicants are readily able to move into this role, will be productive quickly, bring to it something useful, will deliver outcomes.
4. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
The deadline for submission of Expression of Interest (EoI):
December 30, 2019, 18:00 Central European Time (CET) at REC Caucasus, Tbilisi.